Monday, July 2, 2012

Where are "we" headed?

This summer brings lots of emotions ups and downs. Where are we headed as a couple was what I was asking myself? We had moved in together taken mulitiple vactions and had this small child who was making things more complicated. As the older woman I should be confident and sure of myself that things are going just fine at the right pace. It had only been a year and a half not a long time in the bigger picture but I wanted more. It wasn't a ring I wanted it was I love you. I was ready to hear it and all of my insecurities set in and I begin to sabbotage my relationship. I am really good at this. After a while Derek tires of my behavior we decide to part ways. I asked him to take his things but my reaction to all of this was not the typical me. Yes I was devastated but this feels like the right thing we needed some time to think about what we both really wanted out of this relationship. Wedding after wedding passes but an important one for Derek was happening and I will be attending. His best friend Brent is marrying Abbey and I am doing her hair and makeup. I rush back home to get ready on this super hot Saturday I must look good. We briefly talk throughout the night I sat at a distance wondering what he was thinking. Does he miss me? How does he think I look? Will he call me later? The party ended early so Derek had everyone head to the winebar for the "afterparty"!! I drove some friends there and I hung out and had a great time with everyone despite the circumstances. I am glad I did because after we closed the place down Ashley,Rian and Derek needed a place to crash for the night so my home is always open. The next day Derek and I had so much to talk about as only 8 days had passed it felt like an eternity. We decided being apart was not what we wanted, we loved each other. Yes you read it right he loves me back and I was on cloud nine and felt so great about a new begining.

No comments:

Post a Comment